Saturday, June 13, 2009

Author's Note

After working feverishly until almost 3:00 last night and pretty much all day today, I have finally completed my final revision. After working through 3 different versions I finally came up with one I really liked. I fear that I have provided too much story and not enough details about the story though (about plot, setting, irony, etc.), but I tried my best. Since I chose Hills Like White Elephants extending the story was crucial, so most of paper had to be the story. I hope I didn't make it too long. I really saw more to the story than I wrote down and really wanted to make it more detailed, but I refrained. You should have seen my first draft! I was on page 5 and only half way through the story, so I dialed it down a notch.

I love Independent Films! And when I write a story I tend to see it as a movie as I'm writing. While I was writing this I really envisioned it as an independent type movie, with artsy camera angles and out of the ordinary shots of things like: snow, facial features, landscape, the chipping of the wood on the framed house in the beginning...things like that. This is something I couldn't really incorporate in my paper, but I think it gives the story a different feel if you look at that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment