Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Worn Path

Do you think she is in the right state of mind? Or is this all in her head?

I think she is just the crazy person that every town has. The person everyone puts up with and gives in to because they've been doing it for so long. It's a kind of the routine of the town. But, there's also enough evidence to make the reader believe that everything is going down as it is really happening. Although I lean toward her just being crazy, I ultimately think it's a toss up. I'm guessing that's what the author's intentions were, to make the reader wonder... Overall, I thought it was a good representation of what getting old must be like. She uses symbolism very effectively as well.

*We have one of these in my hometown, Robert. We call him CCR (Cruise Control Robert) because he's always walking the exact same pace everywhere he goes, and with a little hitch in his giddy up. And, because he's crazy, everyone in town just kinda gives him things and puts up with his craziness. So I was thinking about CCR when I was reading this story so that's how I interpreted it. Maybe I'm way off.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment