Monday, June 8, 2009

Thunderbuns!

In each story, who do you side with? the older generation? the younger generation? a specific character? Why do you take the side of that person or group?

Girl:

It appears that the narrator is talking to her daughter, and that's who I would have to side with in this story. So the younger generation. I've never been one for rules, or authority. Whether the person who's telling me these things is my mother, or the president, I just don't like being told what to do. It seems as though all she wants is for her daughter, or whomever she's talking to, is for her to grow up and be strong willed like her. But at the end when the daughter asks the question about the bread, she seems a little reluctant to listen to everything being thrown at her (no matter how knowledgeable that person may be), which is the way I am.

Everyday Use:

I related to all the characters in this story, the mother and the two daughters. I grew up with an older brother so I know what it's like to not feel like the favorite, and vice versa. My brother is 4 years older than me and all the way through high school, and up until recently, things always went smooth for me, and a little rough for him. Now, it's the other way around. My brother has all his ducks in a row and I'm just floating along until I find out what the heck I'm doing....

As a parent I also related to the mother. I always want to see my daughter in the best light possible, and, I'll try not to make a complete ass of myself while she grows up to rid her of any embarrassment. Also, I will do anything in my power to make her happy, by any means necessary. I would have handled the situation the exact same way the mother did in the story.

Gorilla, My Love:

Although I found the story really interesting (especially the way it was written), and could see the reality in it, I didn't really side with any of the characters. I just kind of took the story in stride and went on to the next one... I guess if had to choose I would say the younger generation becuase of the rebellion, but those days are long gone so it doesn't really apply anymore.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment