Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Conversion - Angel

Are any characters in the stories sympathetic to you? If so, which characters in the stories are most sympathetic?

Manischevitz and Ozzie. Obvioulsy I was sympathetic with Manischevitz because he had lost SO much, it's hard not to feel for him. As a parent myself, I can only imagine what it would be like to lose a child. And then having to deal with another child taking off, and a sick wife, just terrible. Also, while I was reading the part when he's looking for the Levine, I got a clear mental picture in my head of this old man, completely desperate, trying to find this "Angel", anything to make his life a little easier and stop the suffering his life had ultimately become... As for Ozzie, he was just a kid who had some questions and got punished for it. He was getting hit at home and at the church. It was easy for me, personally, to see where he was coming from when he took off to roof, not that I want to go on top of a roof and stir a commotion, but I can completely understand not being able to have a voice, or say, in something, then acting out...Basically Jr. High through High School for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment