Thursday, June 18, 2009

•Which characters out of the story are most sympathetic to you? What about the character(s) makes him/her sympathetic?

Which characters out of the story are most sympathetic to you? What about the character(s) makes him/her sympathetic?

As an aspiring writer myself and someone who spends half of my time living at home, I felt most sympathetic with Julian. Like Julian, I too don't agree with my mother's way of living (I'm not going to go into details), but I don't harass her about it or look down on her for her it. Don't get me wrong my mother is my rock and without her I would not be the man I am today, but sometimes I think she's a little crazy, and I know she thinks the same of me sometimes... Overall I thought the story was quite boring and found it hard to read (after reading Good Country People, I was waiting for one the Negros to go on killing spree or something, ha ha), but I did relate to it a couple ways which is always nice while reading anything...

Peace.

1 comment: