Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Minority Report

If you've seen the movie The Minority Report, then think about how the scenes you're reading appear in that version. Which is more interesting or engaging? What changes would you make if you were directing the film?

I haven't seen the movie in quite some time, but I remember it being very futuristic with a very progressive idea on solving crimes, through the precogs. The idea is very interesting and extremely creative. In the short story it doesn't give great detail of how the precogs look, so it really left it wide open for the people who created the film adaptation to play with the that idea. I vaguely remember them being submersed in water and like tubes coming out them or something, I don't remember, like I said it's been a while since I've seen the movie. But interesting none the less...

As for any changes I would make as a directer, I would have to say none. Wasn't it directed by Steven Spielberg? You can't really go wrong there. I believe he had just directed A.I. (Artificial Intelligence), which is also a futuristic movie, so he was a perfect choice for the film. This is also the guy who directed: E.T., Jaws, Saving Private Ryan... I mean come on, he's one the best!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment